Jobs at Darrohn Engineering
Darrohn Engineering is a small civil engineering design and consulting firm based in Greenville, South Carolina. In addition to providing typical civil engineering solutions in several market sectors, we develop creative storm water solutions, ecologically sustainable projects, and specialize in bicycle planning, design, and implementation. We look forward to learning more about you to see if your credentials and skillset fit our specific employment needs.
We are interested in adding talented people to our team that share our goals of growing our business and creating projects that meet the goals of our clients and improve our communities. Employees are offered a number of benefits including:
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Options
- Simple IRA
- Paid Vacations, Holidays & Time Off
We have an immediate opening for a permanent fulltime position as a Civil Engineer, PE. This person will be responsible for maintaining client relationships, civil engineering project management, design, permitting, and construction observation. The employee will work in our Greenville office and be an integral member of our team.
Candidates with relevant experience are invited to send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com for review and consideration.
Minimum Qualifications & Typical Job Tasks
- South Carolina Professional Engineer license and registration (PE) is required.
- BSCE in Civil Engineering and 3-5+ years progressive civil engineering experience.
- 3+ years as a Project Manager.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interface with clients, other project disciplines, and regulatory personnel is required.
- Moderate to significant experience preparing designs and construction documents including demolition, sediment and erosion control, geometric, grading and drainage, and utility plans. Ability to develop advanced design solutions, studies, narratives, and calculations for site grading, drainage and utility infrastructure designs and specifications. Obtain permitting approvals and manage bidding and construction administration services through certification and closeout.
- Proficiency in bicycle, trail, and greenway planning, design, and permitting is desired.
- Analyze complex infrastructure systems, evaluate options, and implement solutions based upon technical performance and cost effectiveness.
- Conduct inspections of projects during construction to evaluate quality or performance and ensure conformance with approved plans, specifications, and regulatory guidelines.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D proficiency is required. Additional GIS/ARCINFO experience is also desired.
- LEED and sustainable design experience preferred but not required.
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Adobe skills required.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate with other engineering disciplines and construction personnel to complete tasks and meet project budgets and schedules.
- Ability to mentor and lead other personnel while still managing own projects is preferred.